Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The time the dogs took me for a walk

So last night on my run I had one of those embarrassing falls where you land on all fours and let out a huge grunt. (I skinned my knees but other than that I am fine.) Anyway, as I was "going down" I had a flashback from a fall I experienced right after Kevin and I moved to Ripon. Kevin was out of town and I decided to take our dogs for a walk. If you don't know, our dogs are pretty big-- one is a German Shepard...the other an Akita/Rottweiler. Anyway, as I was walking down the first block they both saw a ball rolling and took off running after it. This was fall #1...as I scrambled in my wedge Reefs to unsucessfully gain balance. For whatever reason I decided to keep going. As I rounded the 3rd corner the dogs spotted a cat and darted after it. This time I was pulled face first into a neighbor's flower bed as the cat jumped through a hole in the fence. By this time I was ready to call it a day and head home. Below is the aftermath. (I took pictures so just in case I healed before Kevin got home, he could see "how awful it was for me" and be truly sympathetic) :)


No comments: