Saturday, January 23, 2010

The year was 1995. The day was January 18th.


It was on this day 15 years ago that I wrote a letter to myself NOT TO BE OPENED until I turned 30. Well, fortunately (or unfortunately, I'm not sure which) the day finally came. And somehow I resisted the urge to open that letter filled with teenage angst (sorry Mom) and immature ramblings for 15 years. So on the morning of January 18, 2010 I cracked the sucker open and cringed as I read through 6 pages of Mary Engelbreit stationary .

The only thing I was really curious about after all these years is what TV show prompted me to do this (because I am just not that clever enough to think of it on my own.) Well turns out it was "one of my fav shows... Northern Exposure" (direct quote). I'd write a few other things that I was into when I wrote the letter but my face gets hot and I start to sweat in embarrassment when I think about it.

After I read each page I handed it over to Kevin, and you want to know how I know that I picked the right man? He didn't tease me once. I guess I found that "hot, sexy, husband whom I am madly in love with" that I refer to on page 6. Cheers to that.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh this post makes me smile! Glad you found your hottie!

Just seeing your handwriting on the card brings back good memories. Happy 30th birthday!

Jan said...

What a fun idea to write yourself a letter to open years later! Maybe I'll try that??