Friday, October 31, 2008

Torture Cookies


So if you have a couple hours to kill, these are the cookies for you. My mom used to make these cookies when I was little and so I decided to give them a try. They didn't turn out quite right and were really hard to make. You'd never know that from the way they look....like a 5 year old made them! I didn't put enough orange food coloring and they were really hard to roll out. The top layer has orange extract, and the bottom is cocoa. Better luck next year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look really cute & yummy!!

Miss Linder said...

Those cookies are some of the most labor intensive cookies to make. Only exceeded by the Neopolitan bars...huh Debbie.

Momma_Dee said...

You were brave just trying these and I think they look pretty cute. Your mom and I used to do it together and we still took a few hours on them. The neopolitan bars are just a bear and I haven't even introduced your mother to the Austrian peach cookies which are delicious but I may only ever make again if I am personally elected president of the United States.