Monday, July 28, 2008

Lucky Shopping Day


Quite a few years ago my mom and I were shopping together and we bought a few things (I can't remember what they were now) but when we were rung up the price was significantly lower than what we thought it would be. After that experience whenever we get good deals we call it "Lucky Shopping Day".

On Saturday, Pier One had practically their entire store on sale and I saw a giant rug (see above) for $200. The sales woman said that if I opened a credit card I would save another 20% plus get a $20 gift card for the store. I thought that sounded great so she went in the back to bring a rug out. But the only rug they had was one that had been returned and therefore was slightly used. It was a bit scuffed on the back but otherwise in perfect condition. I asked if they could give a discount and they took another $30 off! So basically I got this rug for like nothing (and if you have ever shopped for rugs before you know how expensive they can be.) This rug is going to go in our living area once we put in the new floors. I can't wait! Cheers to Lucky Shopping Day!

2 comments:

Miss Linder said...

The first lucky shopping day was on your birthday. You got to pick out some things for your birthday and they turned out to be less expensive that we thought they would be. So "Lucky Shopping Day" was born.

Momma_Dee said...

You are so like your mom. I have been with her for a couple of lucky shopping days and once we even had lucky dinner night!