Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Havasupai Falls!


We made it! We're back from our trip and had a really good time. We drove up (5 hours from Phoenix) on Friday and camped in our car Friday night (Ugh, don't ask). Then Saturday morning we got up around 4:30 to hike out by 5. It was fun to see the sunrise and get out before it got too hot. We got to the bottom around 9am and met up with the group from Colorado. Once we got down, we took 2 shorter hikes to Havasu Falls and Mooney Falls. I didn't know this, but to get down to Mooney Falls you had to go through a little cave, straight down and it was a bit scary. The only downfall of the trip is that the water was not as warm as I thought it would be. It was take your breath away, want to die, COLD!! Sunday morning (4am to beat the heat) we hiked out. All in all it was an awesome trip and totally worth the sore quads and calves. Click on the slideshow for a better view and captions.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, that looks amazing. You guys are some serious hikers! My family is camping Yosemite this summer, but I'm so bummed because I'll be too prego to go :(

Miss Linder said...

I wanted to see a picture of your blister on that blog!!!!!!